Confetti. Auld Langsyne. Party hats, noise makers and resolutions. That’s how a typical New Year’s celebration looks, right?
Public domain image.
Suggestion: instead of placing bets on how long that January 1 “resolution” will last, how ’bout a New Year’s un-party instead? What do I mean?
What We Can Do Without
Well, having observed the socio-political landscape for some time now, I’ve noticed a phenomenon that seems to have gained a foothold across the fruited plain: Things We Can Do Without. My list has gotten longer and longer, exploding into a veritable series of “you’re kidding, right?” categories. So here, in no particular order, is my wholly unscientific, purely subjective Short List of What We Can Do Without:
- A U.S. “President” who runs around the world apologizing for America.
- Patriots who tolerate a “president” who runs around the world apologizing for America.
- Al Sharpton
- Government fat-cats who view peon taxpayer’s sole purpose in life as padding their path to the public trough.
- The NAACP. Since this organization is based on skin color, why isn’t it “racist” by definition? Why not a “NAAWP”?
- Trillion$ of $ in national debt that no one $eem$ re$pon$ible for. AKA: Blame the other guy.
- Chris Matthews
- A judiciary branch that thinks it’s God. Plaintiffs who forum shop until they find a sympathetic judge to rule on their circumvent-the-will-of-the-people lawsuit du jour.
- A “community organizer” camouflaged as a “chief executive.”
- Motor-Voter – a Democrat brainchild designed to siphon votes into their camp while ramping up voter fraud and corruption.
- Governor Inslee
- People who are “offended” by the Invocation at public high school graduations. If you don’t like it, kindly plug your ears.
- Rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth libs, progressives, Dems and other Obama amours who bark incessantly about how Conservatives are “hateful.” Have they listened to Chris Matthews? Bill Maher? Rachel Maddow? Nancy Pelosi?
- ACLUers who don’t have anything better to do than try to destroy the faith foundation that made America great.
- “Media Matters.” Are you kidding?
- Confusion about, “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.” Jesus didn’t say that. Karl Marx did (in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Program.)
- The usual suspects who haven’t yet figured out that Americans still have a right to say “No.” If you don’t like it, throw your own party.
- Administrations that can’t seem to locate “terrorist” in the dictionary.
- “Republicans” who keep coming up with new and creative ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
- George Soros
- Hyphenated-Americans. If we can’t unite behind three American “colors” – Red, White, and Blue – then why not everyone jump on the hyphenated band wagon? How ‘bout Irish-American, Italian-American, Greek-American, Welsh-American, Belgian-American, Slav-American, Brazilian-American, German-American, Croat-American, Kenyan-American, Laotian-American, Portuguese-American, Swiss-American, Dutch-American, Sino-American, Serbian-American, Latvian-American, Russo-American,… Even better: Californian-American, Texan-American, Michigan-American, Nebraskan-American, Vermont-American, Alabama-America…. To quote Herb Brooks, coach of the 1980 U.S. Olympic Men’s Hockey Team: “The name on the front of the jersey is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back!!”
- The View
- People who are “offended” by crosses or menorahs in the public square. Grow up or don’t look.
- Countries who accept billion$ in U.S. aid and then stab us in the back for our trouble.
- “Sugar free” ice cream. What’s with that?
- People who don’t vote and then complain about government.
- Illegals who flood our affordable housing markets, hospitals, schools and social services such that there’s little to nothing available for legal immigrants and U.S. citizens.
- Vegetarian lasagne
- “Winter Break.” We wouldn’t want to drag religion into CHRISTmas now, would we?
- Educrats whose sole answer to failing government schools is to throw more $ at ‘em. How much is enough? $5,000 a student? $10K? $50K? $100? And how much of that $ actually gets to the classroom?
- “Non-competitive” school sports. Talk about an oxy-moron.
- A ‘Department of Justice’ that hasn’t yet figured out how to treat crime like it’s illegal. Maybe they should ask Arizona?
- The race card
- Elected officials who think it’s their job to “rule.” Newsflash: This is America. We don’t have rulers here. You serve The People. Our forefathers fought a war to throw off that yoke of tyranny, so if that’s your view, find another country. Like Cuba.
- Politicians who love spending other people’s money (Reid, Pelosi, Murray, Cantwell, Dicks, Rangel, Durbin, Schumer, Clinton, Kerry, Feinstein, Boxer…. You get the drift)
- Republicans who love spending other people’s money
- Politicians of any party who haven’t figured out that there’s no such thing as taxing people into prosperity.
- Non-Christians who expect Christians to sit down and shut up, lest their tender secular, atheistic ears be offended by biblical pearls of wisdom or righteousness
- Revisionist history
- Pickle jar lids
- DemoLibs who think our military should morph into a gay pride parade.
- Synchronized swimming
- The “human-caused” global warming scam
- Double-digit unemployment and cooked books
- Obamacare. AKA: Elderly,disabled and ill need not apply
- Liberal bigots who slam anyone who dares disagree with them for being “bigots.”
- Paragons of “tolerance” who’ll happily champion your right to free speech – as long as you agree with them.
There’s nothing like launching into a fresh New Year after cleaning up some clutter. I feel better already.
Now, where are those party hats?