In yet another stunning display of staggering sagacity – or staggering something – Babalu Barry nominated NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund lawyer Debo P. Adegbile to head the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division.
Some brief background on this stellar piece of work from Katie Pavlich of Townhall.com:
In 1982, former Black Panther Mamie Abu-Jamal was convicted of murdering Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. Abu-Jamal never denied the killing during his trial. He, and his supporters, is still unapologetic for Faulkner’s death.
Continues Matthew Vadum of FrontPage:
As Faulkner tried to arrest Abu-Jamal’s brother during a traffic stop, Abu-Jamal shot the policeman once in the back and then stood over him and shot him four more times at close range, once directly in the face. Multiple eyewitnesses were present during the crime.
Jamal’s death sentence was overturned in 2012.
Just two questions here:
1) Would Adegbile have volunteered to defend this punk had said punk been white? (We all know the answer to that one.) 2) Isn’t that racist?
Tip: (throwin’ this in for free): Using “justice” and “civil rights” in the context of “Black Panthers” and “murdering Philadelphia police officer” is probably not a great P.R. play. And it just might tick off law enforcement. Duh.
There are some things a decent prez just doesn’t do:
- He doesn’t blast Congress for taking off for Christmas while he’s shoveling sno-cones in Hawaii
- He doesn’t close open air war memorials to WWII vets while keeping Camp David open
- He doesn’t bury himself on the links when there’s actual governing to be done
- He doesn’t blame the other party for his refusal to negotiate a budget settlement, thus leading to a DemoRads-orchestrated government shutdown
- He doesn’t use National Park Service employees as personal Nazis
- He doesn’t play dumb on Benghazi. Or the NSA. Or the IRS. Or Healthcare.gov. Or Syria. Or Egypt. Or…
- HE DOESN’T NOMINATE A RACIST COP KILLER ADVOCATE to a DOJ POST!
Unless, of course, Babalu Barry and Debo, Dear are Birds of a Feather.
Now you know why Senate rules and filibusters matter. Or at least used to – until Dirty Harry and his Nuclear Option Thugs pushed through a rule change effectively gutting the minority party’s ability to derail such swill.
One last question: Will you remember in November?
Stay tuned for our brilliant mini-series, For Ladies Only. (Guys can read along, but you have to bring chocolate.)