Yo, senators: there are some things you just don’t do:
- Spit into the wind
- Leave Reese’s peanut butter cups inside the tent in bear country
- Sign up for Obamacare
- Pour Gorilla glue into “Steel Neil’s” football cleats the night of the big homecoming game (trust me on this one)
- Nominate or confirm a cop killer advocate to head the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division.
In yet another stunning display of staggering sagacity – or staggering something – Babalu Barry nominated NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund lawyer Debo P. Adegbile to head the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division. The U.S. Senate is expected to vote on this staggering display of stupidity as early as tomorrow.
Some brief background on Adegbile from Katie Pavlich of Townhall.com:
In 1982, former Black Panther Mamie Abu-Jamal was convicted of murdering Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. Abu-Jamal never denied the killing during his trial. He, and his supporters, is still unapologetic for Faulkner’s death.
Under Adegbile’s leadership at the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, attorneys expressed what an “honor” it was to represent Abu-Jamal in court and that the case was taken up based on race.
Pardon me while I throw up.
Continues Matthew Vadum of FrontPage:
As Faulkner tried to arrest Abu-Jamal’s brother during a traffic stop, Abu-Jamal shot the policeman once in the back and then stood over him and shot him four more times at close range, once directly in the face. Multiple eyewitnesses were present during the crime.
Jamal’s death sentence was overturned in 2012.
A few points here:
- Would Adegbile have volunteered to defend this punk had said punk been white? (We all know the answer to that one. Isn’t that racist?)
- Tip: (throwin’ this in for free): Using “justice” and “civil rights” in the context of “Black Panthers” and “murdering Philadelphia police officer” is probably not a great P.R. play. And it just might tick off law enforcement. Duh.
- Even worse: Maybe Adegbile really is the best Babalu Barry can dig up because this pathetic excuse for an attorney mirrors another pathetic excuse for an attorney – and prez: the guy who nominated him.
Officer Faulkner’s widow, Maureen Faulkner, has launched a petition to members of the U.S. Senate urging them to vote No on confirmation of Debo Adegbile to the Department of Justice, which may come up for a vote as soon as tomorrow. Sign it here. It only takes a minute.