If Democrats get shellacked in the mid-terms today, watch for the Lefty spin machine to kick into overdrive by Wednesday. If there’s a Republican surge anywhere in sight and/or the GOP wins the Senate, “the morning after” Lefty message will probably sound something like:
“This election is meaningless. Just a hiccup. An aberration. No dissatisfication here. No message. No Republican mandate. This election doesn’t mean anything – except that too many voters just don’t understand how much we’re trying to share the love and tell them what’s best for them. Nothing to see here, people. Move along, move along. Oh, and by the way: When we want your opinion, we’ll give it to you.”
Trounced Democrat Translation:
Demolibs have been running from Prez Obola this year like a cat from a cold bath. But remember: The politics and policies of the Party of Debt, Dependency and Detroit and its fearless leader aren’t/weren’t on the ballot. Were not. Were not. Were not! Neither was:
- “We don’t have a strategy yet” on ISIS/ISIL.
- A pen and a phone.
- IRS targeting and harassment of conservatives.
- Eric Holder, Lois Lerner, Kathleen Sebelius.
- “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get their on your own…”
- Fast and Furious.
- “What difference… does it make?”
- Bowe Bergdahl.
- “You didn’t build that… somebody else made that happen.”
- Operation Choke Point.
- Shinseki and Company.
- A policy on Ebola quarantines that’s as solid – and makes about as much sense – as a bowlful of Jell-o.
- Dozens of terrorists released out of Gitmo by the Obama administration now acting like terrorists.
- Barry-caded open-air war memorials.
- Reid, Pelosi, Wasserman-Schulz and Landrieu. The senator from Louisiana’s recent comments made Todd Akin look like a piker. Landrieu managed to label pretty much the whole South as sexist and racist in one breath. Was she going for a hat trick?
- “If you like your plan, you can keep…” Oh, never mind.
Remember again, you ungrateful creatures! The great Oz has spoken…!
Photo credit: public domain