While much of Baltimore cracked and crumbled along Freddie Gray fault lines last week, President Oops! wasted no time playing the Baltimore Blame Game. Speechifying last Tuesday, he blamed Republicans for the arson, rioting, looting and lawlessness that occurred in the Old Line State.
Alas, alack. The Man Who Would Be King missed a few things. Like the fact that Baltimore has been owned lock, stock, and barrel by DemoLibs for nearly 50 years. It kinda goes like this:
- Every single member of the Baltimore city council is a Democrat.
- Mayor Room-To-Destroy is a Democrat.
- Baltimore hasn’t had a Republican in the mayor’s office since 1967.
- Democrats and their union lackeys have been running the city ever since.
- In 2012, after four years of failed Obama policies and politics, the state of Maryland voted to re-elect Obama by 61.7%.
- Obama snagged 87.4% of the vote in Baltimore City in 2012.
- There have been only two Republican governors of the State of Maryland since 1969.
- Elijah Cummings, Democrat Extraordinaire, has represented Baltimore in Congress since 1996.
The rioting and violence in Baltimore could be described as Democrats reacting to a half-century of Democrat policies and politics. Thugs using the suspicious death of Freddie Gray – at the hands of a Democrat-led police force – to create chaos and anarchy.
Breitbart put it this way:
Liberalism and all the toxic government dependence and cronyism and union corruption and failed schools that comes along with it, has run amok in Baltimore for a half-century, and that is Baltimore’s problem. …
Poverty has nothing to do with it. This madness and chaos and anarchy is a Democrat-driven culture that starts at the top with a racially-divisive White House heartbreakingly effective at ginning up hate and violence.
Baltimore is a DemoLib trophy. A Demolib ‘poster child.’ Baltimore is what happens when the party of dependency, debt, despair and Detroit has been ruling the roost for 50 years. (It’s also a pretty good infomercial for the NRA.)
Baltimore deserves better. So does America. While we’re at it, so does Grays Harbor.