Awhile back we were at a restaurant that shall remain nameless. Maybe you know the type: Wait staff that acted like they were doing us a favor to take our orders and serve our meals. “Medium well” that could’ve gotten up and walked across the plate. Cramped quarters. And lots and lots of “white noise.” As in, Ain’t Never Goin’ Back.
So seeing the following was kind of refreshing. (Nice to know not every shred of sanity has gone out the window with the U.S. Supreme Court Gang of Five.)
In case you can’t read that, lemme save you some time. It goes like this:
- Say Please and Thank You
- Take only as many napkins as you will need
- Mind your Ps and Qs (and your Os, too, while you’re at it)
- Put your napkin on your lap – and leave other people’s laps alone
- Buy day-old bread to feed the ducks
- Remember to call home on holidays
- Disable dorky ring tones on your cell phone
- The hustle
- Offer your seat to senior citizens, pregnant women and people with firearms
- Give the right-of-way to Jimmy John’s delivery drivers
- Wear pants
- Push in your chair every time you leave the table
- Remember to smile.
You’re welcome. Have a great weekend!
Photo credit: Lars Larson