Firearms inventor and manufacturer Sam Colt got it right. And gun grabbers have it wrong.
Colt reportedly said or another observed, “Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal.” In a political landscape where everyone is scrambling for “equal” everything, here’s the micro short version of why gun control not only promotes gender inequality, but is also sexist:
Generally speaking, if your average woman gets in a physical altercation with your average man, she’s going to lose. And unless she’s an Amazon or Mama Godzilla on steroids, there’s only one sure-fire way (pun intended) for her to equalize the field if faced with a male assailant intent on grave bodily harm: Sam Colt. Or Smith & Wesson. Ruger. Beretta. Sig Sauer. Etc.
Not to belabor the obvious or anything, but take a quick gander at: Islamic Invasion Pulls Trigger: Europe Now Scrambles for Guns. A few excerpts:
“People want to protect themselves,” Mayer said. “Nonetheless, the most common purchasers of arms are primarily Austrian women.”
A Czech TV report confirms that long guns – shotguns and rifles – have been flying off the shelves in Austria, and Austrians who haven’t already purchased a gun may not have a chance to get one for some time. They’re all sold out.
And those arming themselves are primarily women. (Emphasis mine.) …
Until the refugees started flooding Europe, it was mostly hunters and sport shooters who purchased firearms. Now, people are seeking weapons for self-defense because they are worried about their personal safety. Most have never used a gun before.
“I just returned from a gun rights meeting in Belgium, and I can attest that all over Europe people now want the means to defend themselves,Self-defense is no longer a dirty word. In countries like Austria, where it is still legal to own a firearm, gun sales are at record levels. I can tell you first-hand that people in Europe now wish they had a Second Amendment.”
“Polish King John Sobieski defeated the Muslim invaders at the gates of Vienna in 1683. Another Muslim invasion is underway and Austrians are alarmed, hence their run on gun stores. Women are right to be concerned in view of the Muslim view of women that they are good for raping and little else.”
Some American women understand this and they’re not shy about saying Not On My Watch. Or taking their personal safety and their family’s safety seriously. In fact, women gun owners and shooters are the largest and fastest growing demographic in the sport.
There’s a reason for that. Read the headlines lately? Hello?
Sam Colt got it right. The REAL “War on Women” isn’t economic, professional, Planned Parenthood-ish, or “equal pay for equal work.” It’s gun control.
Here’s more why (the short version):
- “Gun control” is inherently unequal. See above.
- When lefty lawmakers shill about restricting, impinging, undercutting, diluting, infringing or otherwise making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to own or afford a firearm and ammo, they’re curtailing a woman’s ability to protect herself.
- Placing obstacles to responsible firearms ownership for anyone reduces their ability to protect themself. In the case of women, doing so effectively promotes gender inequality as well. (Amazons or Mama Godzillas need not worry.)
- When Di Fi & Co. carp about legislation limiting magazine capacity, expanded background checks, liability insurance and the like for law-abiding citizens, they’re taking aim at women in far greater numbers than men.
- When gun-grabbing lawmakers or presidential candidates (hi, Hillary and Bernie) try to make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to arm themselves, they’re hamstringing a “woman’s right to choose” how she defends herself. (Talk about liberal hypocrisy. But I repeat myself.)
- What “gun control” bots are effectively advocating is that women become prey for any male predator who’s bigger, heavier, and stronger. And stay that way. See above again.
If that’s not “sexist,” what is?