One of my fave messages from Friday’s citizen activist rally in Olympia against Gov. Moonbat’s refugee plan was a banner hoisted by students from Evergreen State Pottage (sic). You can see a portion of the banner above. This stroke of genius referenced Leviticus 19:33, 34, in an effort to say…. Something.
I love this banner. It’s so much stupid. All in one spot. Translation for libs: It’s so much stupid. All in one spot.
First, let’s do something the rocket scientists at ESP never bothered with. Look at the entire reference, in context. Here it is:
Leviticus 19:33-34 – New International Version (NIV)
33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.
Funny. The last sentence was mysteriously omitted from said banner. Go figure.
Meanwhile, isn’t it nice to know that ESP students can find a Bible? And the Old Testament, too! So glad to see they can locate one book of the Bible. How long do you think it’ll take them to get to the other 65?
Too bad they didn’t bother to look at the very next chapter. Because if they’re going to hang Leviticus 19 around conservatives’ necks on refugees, then turnabout is fair play on other issues, right? Like Leviticus 20:13. It says:
Leviticus 20:13 – New Living Translation (NLT)
13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and suspect that the Tolerance Thugs missed this one. Aw, shoot. Here’s another. From Leviticus 18:22:
- ‘You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination,” (NASB).
- “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination,” (ESV, NKJV).
Isn’t it sad that the eminent theologians at ESP can find Leviticus 19, but not 18 or 20? Dang.
If ya want to start playing dueling Bible verses, let’s play. Cuz I could go on. But you get the idea.
This is what happens when folks with a kook burger agenda think Bible versely instead of biblically. There’s a difference. And it’s huge. Repeat for libs: This is what happens when folks with a kook burger agenda think Bible versely instead of biblically. There’s a difference. And it’s huge.
One other thing. In addition to being insufferably rude and disrespectful, ESP’s world-renowned Bible experts also chanted, “Jesus was a refugee.” Let me deconstruct this for ya. It’ll take about 30 secs. Or less. Ready? Okay. Here’s the deal.
- This is apparently a reference to the flight into Egypt described in Matthew 2:13–23, in which Joseph fled to Egypt with his wife Mary and infant son Jesus. They hightailed it out of Judea after a visit by Magi warning them that King Herod intended to kill the infants of that area.
- Jesus and his family didn’t stay in Egypt. They returned to the land of Israel after the death of Herod and settled in Nazareth. See verses 19 -23. (How many of these sweet counter-protestors have the first clue who King Herod was?)
- Jesus and his fam were a single refugee family. Like, one.
- I’m pretty sure Jesus and fam didn’t flee a populace that had some members posing as “refugees” in order to enter other countries and kill people.
- I’m also pretty sure King Herod & Co. didn’t threaten to torch the White House and blow up Times Square.
- Going out on a limb here, but I bet Pharaoh didn’t have a refugee vetting or background check process in place at the time.
- I don’t think Pharaoh’s Judean Immigrant Resettlement Program included free housing, job training, education, medical, or all the free hummus you can eat.
- Was Egypt a constitutional republic back in A.D. 0001? Did Pharaoh answer to We The People? Did I miss that?
And so on. Incidentally, the Shrill Thrills and the Supremes – a new rock band whose Top 10 Hits include “Racist, Bigot, Xenophobe” – unwittingly proved the point of the whole rally. When this bunch of two year-olds on shrill steroids tried to infiltrate the polite, respectful side and physically disrupt the rally, they were turned back. By armed security. Hello?
A few more questions for the Shrill Thrills and the Supremes:
- Are you likewise clamoring for the U.S. to take in Yazidis or other Christian refugees?
- Where were you when Assad gassed his own people?
- What say you about a southern border that leaks like a sieve – which kinda, sorta poses a wee bit of a security threat?
- You think the same government that couldn’t even get a web site right is gong to effectively “vet” thousands of refugees?
If bleeding heart libs were really concerned about refugees, they’d support swift, decisive action to end the war in Syria and make it safe for Syrians to return to their homeland. They’d commit the resources needed to wipe out ISIS. They’d put their money where their mouths are and donate to private charities specializing in refugee relief. If libs really cared about refugees, they’d invite these poor, displaced masses yearning to breathe free into their own homes, right?
As for those toe-tappin’ “racist, xenophobe” choruses the Shrill Thrills tune up every time they can’t think of anything intelligent to say – like every day – you’d think these people would at least come up with something original now and then.
Hope springs eternal…
One other thing. According to Peggy Hutt, Washington State Coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots and an event coordinator, the Shrill Thrills were in violation of permitting requirements. Hutt said the pro-security group secured permits for all three venues for its rally: The steps of the Legislative Building, the Temple of Justice area, and the grassy middle area in between. Which means, friends, that the Shrill Thrills didn’t have any permits – and their little clam bake was illegal. But who’s counting?
Just gotta ask: If a permit doesn’t mean anything, why bother?
Speaking of Why Bother?, how many refugees is the Jayster planning to take into the guv’s mansion?