Dear “Women’s March”-ers:
Congratulations. One day after President Trump was sworn into office, you took to the streets. You wanted to demonstrate to the new administration that “women’s rights are human rights” and that “defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us.” And you called on “all defenders of human rights to join us.”
Well, I’m a “defender of human rights.” Based on the Rule of Law. The Constitution. And the Pentateuch. So I thought I’d join you.
But I have a few questions. Being so “open-minded” and “choice-centric” and all, I figured you wouldn’t mind. So here they are:
- Just what rights, exactly do you not have as an American woman?
- Why was one of your lead march organizers Linda Sarsour, a former Hamas operative with close ties to CAIR?
- If you’re so adamant about “women’s rights,” does that also include the rights of Muslim women to not be abused, brutalized and otherwise treated like cattle?
- If you’re all about women’s “health and safety,” then why do you oppose requiring abortion clinics to meet the same safety standards as ambulatory surgery centers? If you’re really about “safe and legal,” why oppose licensing and other requirements that would shut down abortion clinics operating under sub-standard conditions – and risking women’s lives in the process?
- Those stupid pink knit caps? You look like dieffenbachia. Only not as bright.
While we’re on the topic, why is your list of “women’s rights” or “women’s issues” typically limited to access to abortion, “free” birth control, or government-sponsored “free” healthcare? Do you really think American women are so stupid and myopic that we’re not interested in issues like government spending, infringement of our Constitutional rights, foreign policy, unemployment, national security, taxes, crime, 4th Amendment violations, education, or the impact of future government debt on our children and grandchildren?
Like that’s not patronizing or anything.
Also, do you not get the galactic cognitive dissonance of shilling about “rights,” “empowerment” and “equality” while simultaneously demanding that Big Government meet your every “need” and whim? And how does creating and cultivating a permanent dependency class translate into treating anyone with dignity and respect? Since when does “compassion” equal increased numbers on the government dole?
That’s not “compassion” or “equality.” That’s serfdom.
Furthermore, the idea that female abortion activists like you represent every woman in America simply because they’re female ranks right up there with Peter Pan and the Easter Bunny. And while the typical “pro-choice” mantra goes something like, “You’re a man. Shut up,” I kinda think the First Amendment is gender equal, and religious freedom still matters.
One other thing. If you’re going to march, fine. But at least be honest. Call your event what is. Like: a Leftista Gal Pal Outrage March, Full of Sound and Fury and Signifying Nothing (you’ll get that if you have even a passing familiarity with Macbeth.) Or a Zero Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-Faith Tolerance Zone. A We Demand Taxpayer Funding of Everything Because We’re Worth It… Or Something demonstration.
Just don’t call a pro-abortion lovefest a “Women’s” March. And quit pretending “women” are some monolithic, one-size-fits-all group that marches lock-step to your “I am woman, hear me roar” Leftista tune. Because we aren’t. Because no, you don’t speak for me. Or all American women. Not even close.